The district actively plans school sizes and configurations, balancing student needs for effective programs with available staff, facility, and funding resources.
- Does the district make full and effective use of existing facilities?
- Do school types and sizes allow for flexible and innovative school designs?
- Does the district deliberately manage the assignment of special education and ELL programs to balance quality instruction and the need for inclusion with scale and cost considerations?
- Do school plans allow equitable access to programs across neighborhoods?
- Does the district have a clear and cost-effective plan for staffing small (fewer than 350) and under-filled schools?