District Partner 2012-2013
ERS partnered with Austin Independent School District (AISD) to map resource use, to identify ways that people, time, and money could be used most strategically in the district.
"ERS is very thoughtful and willing to understand the nuances and the subtleties of school district finances."
- Feedback from "Partner Impact Survey" of top-level administrators in
Austin Independent School District
- Resource Mapping: Assess district resource use and alignment to Board priorities, with a focus on:
- Funding: Equity, transparency, and flexibility of funding across schools
- School Design: Organization of resources (people, time, and money) at the school-level, and match with individual student need
- Human Capital: Current strategies to attract, retain, leverage, and develop an excellent teaching corps
Findings and Outcomes
- Resource Analysis: ERS's analysis of AISD's budget, staffing, scheduling, and other data revealed some important findings:
- AISD should consider a review of the nature and level of funding for English Language Learners and schools with high concentrations of ELLs
- AISD has an opportunity to learn from and replicate exemplar Elementary School models that exist within the district for high needs populations
- There exists an urgent need to more effectively measure and track teaching effectiveness uniformly/consistently across the district
« View All Partners