Duval County Public Schools
District Partner 2010-2011
In July of 2010 ERS launched a partnership with Duval County Public Schools, located near Jacksonville, Florida, to complete a resource map of the district, examining how they currently use their resources to support student learning goals.
"Our partner districts show us what's really happening on the ground—the data reveal where resources are going and our relationships with district leadership teams refines our best thinking about solutions."
-Karen Hawley Miles, Executive Director, ERS
Number of Schools: 160
- Resource Use: Assess current resource strategies and consider how to reallocate to maximize impact on student learning
- Resource Use: Investigate how to incorporate the district's teacher value-add scores into the ERS resource analysis
- Turnaround: Dive deeper into the district’s school turnaround strategy
Findings and Outcomes
- Class Time: Duval pooled students for special classes at the elementary school level to reprioritize dollars from core to non-core
- Budgeting: Duval used School Budget Hold'em to facilitate strategic budget reductions as a part of their FY2012 budget process
- Resource Map: ERS provided Duval County Schools with a comprehensive report detailing findings of our analysis, Realign Resources for District Success: Duval County Public Schools
« View All Partners