If you attended the NSBA conference session on Monday, April 11th about ERS' School Budget Hold'em, then you are eligible to join the 30-Day Challenge.
Take School Budget Hold’em back to your district:
- Introduce new ideas for resource allocation to your board and district
- Spark conversation about essential trade-offs
- Strengthen relationships between stakeholder groups outside of high-stakes budget negotiations
Here’s The Challenge:
- Identify a small group (3-5 people works best) that could benefit from playing School Budget Hold’em. For example, members of the school board, district leadership (not just the CFO, but academic and school leaders leaders), or a combination of union and district members
- Choose a time to play School Budget Hold’em (i.e., as part of a group meeting)
- Access our online tool and do the exercise together
- Save your group’s hand before May 11, 2016 (See above link for instructions!)
At the end of the 30 days, you’ll get:
- New group insights
- Peer comparisons: We’ll send a report summarizing the Hold’em hands of all other participating districts so you can see how your choices compare to others’.
- The opportunity for customized advice: We will choose one entry at random to get a phone call with ERS Executive Director Dr. Karen Hawley Miles, who has over 15 years of experience working with districts across the country on strategic resource use. Discuss any specific problem your board or district is struggling with, and Karen will share advice and recommendations for resources or connections.
Questions? Contact Renee Sullivan