Strategic School Design occurs when schools align on a clear vision of student success and instructional quality, and then strategically organize resources—people, time, and money—to achieve that vision. It’s what makes transformational school improvement possible.
In our work with district partners across the country, we’ve seen schools succeed in Strategic School Design by focusing on six key areas:
- Empowering, Rigorous Content.
- Teaching Quality and Diversity.
- Instructional Time and Attention.
- Positive and Inviting School Climate.
- Student Supports and Intervention.
- Diverse Classrooms and Schools.
Dive deeper into these six key areas by clicking the buttons below. Each page examines common strategies for school improvement in these areas and features accompanying resources to help you get started and drive greater student outcomes.
Already know what topic your school needs to focus on?